Thursday, March 3, 2011

The first few days...

So here we go, my first blog! It's now Thursday afternoon, so I've been here for almost 3 full days. It's been interesting adjusting to everything. But I'm having a great time and love being here. So far, the best part is simply being able to see Kevin in person (not behind a "skype" screen) every day. He has a big exam next week, so our time together has been limited. But we try to make every second count. I have met some great people already. One of Kevin's friends here is married and he got his wife and I in touch before I came. So it was nice to kind of know someone before coming. She is great. I am a part of a small Bible study group with her and a group of 5 other amazing ladies. I'm really excited to get to know them better. The food situation has been tough so far because I have not had time to go grocery shopping yet. (It's a 45 minute bus ride into the capital city) So every meal has been out, except for the Cliff bars for breakfast that I brought with me. Thanks Costco! The shopping trip will take place Saturday morning...I'll let you know how that goes...I think that's all for now! Love and miss you all :) -Jen

1 comment:

  1. When you guys are home in April, you will appreciate a trip to Costco to stock up on food for the island--until then, enjoy the chicken, fish, fruit and rice--you'll be very healthy!!! AND, I promise not to cook my favorite dinner of chicken and rice when you're home!!!! Love you both

    ReplyDelete