Sunday, March 20, 2011

Starting to LOVE it!

Life here is pretty unreal. And I'm finally starting to fall in love with it. The transition to "island life" where I didn't know anyone (except Kevin) or anything was scary and challenging. But I'm about to start my 4th week here (time is flying!) and really starting to love it. I've met some awesome people that have made all the difference. And Kevin and I have found a routine that works well for us...when Kevin and I wake up and he goes to study I either relax at home, go to the gym or grab coffee with a girlfriend. Then he comes home for lunch, then back to his studying. In the afternoon I find many ways to fill my time. Then he comes home in the evening for dinner and usually gets a few more hours of studying in before coming back home for some well deserved sleep. It's working well for us. We are actually seeing each other a lot more than I anticipated, which is awesome! I love it! Last week I started teaching a spin/cycling class at the gym, which has been a fun new challenge for me. I'm teaching it 3 days a week. So far, so good! After a fun filled post-midterm week, Kevin is really back to the grind with his studies. We love and miss you all back home, but we are home in 32 days!

3 comments:

  1. Wow....sounds like fun! Glad to hear Island Life is treating you well!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting Jen! Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad you are enjoying "life on an Island" and time with Kevin! Love you and miss you tons! xoxox DAWN

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you guys are making a little love nest together! And teaching spin class eh?! Good for you! Can't wait for the golf tourney :)

    ReplyDelete