Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In Light In.

When I got here, I was invited by a few of the girls to get involved with a volunteer program here called In Light In. Not knowing what to expect, I showed up and saw all these beautiful faces...

Once a week, we spend a few hours with these kids from the neighboring town, Portsmouth. We do different things with them, including sports, arts and crafts, and games. They are given a small snack and treat. It's incredible how so little can mean so much to them. Some of them really remind me of the kids I worked with in Kenya last summer. I'm so excited to get to know them better in the upcoming months! They are just another one of the many blessings this place has given me...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that cool? God had already determined you'd work with kids - just not in Africa...:)Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete