Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just a little trip to the grocery store.

Let me start by saying that I will NEVER take the fact that I live 3 minutes from several grocery stores at home for granted. When I say I took a little trip to the grocery store, I really mean...woke up early to catch the bus into Roseau (the "big" city on the island), rode 50 minutes on a windy and bumpy road, then grocery shopped. However, once Kev and I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. There were all these outdoor markets selling fresh produce and the grocery store was way nicer than I expected. One of the ladies I was with put it perfectly when she said, "Isn't this great! It's a little slice of America!" (There are a few small stores walking distance from our house, but they are way overpriced with very limited selection of goods.) So, overall it was a fun adventure and it was worth the journey. Having some home cooked meals is so great after eating out every meal for 5 days. Tomorrow I am headed to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island with a few of my new friends. I'll let ya know how it goes! Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment